FSBOs accounted for 10% of home sales in 2011. Forty percent of those sellers knew the buyer prior to home purchase. The typical FSBO home sold for $150,000 compared to $215,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
Most Difficult Tasks for FSBO Sellers:
- Getting the right price: 12%
- Understanding and performing paperwork: 11%
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale: 6%
- Preparing/fixing up home for sale: 5%
- Selling within the planned length of time: 5%
Source: 2011 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers