Our Lake Norman Luxury Real Estate Market Report measures activity in the Lake Norman luxury home market (single-family homes priced $750,000 and above). This report covers the following cities: Catawba, Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, Huntersville, Mooresville, Sherrills Ford, Statesville, Terrell, and Troutman.
7 Luxury Homes Sold in Lake Norman in January 2015
Number of Luxury Homes Listed for Sale in Lake Norman Down 14%
In January 2015, there were 42 luxury homes introduced to the market compared to 49 in January 2014, marking a 14% decrease in year over year numbers.
Lake Norman Luxury Housing Inventory Down 39%
In January 2015, there was 14.6 months of inventory in the Lake Norman luxury real estate market compared to 23.9 months in January 2014.
Average Time to Sell Luxury Home in the Lake Norman Area is 105 Days
In January 2015, it took 105 days, on average, to sell a luxury home in the Lake Norman area.
Lake Norman Luxury Homes Under Contract Up 100%
In January 2015, 18 luxury homes went under contract in the Lake Norman area compared to 9 in January 2014, marking a 100% increase in year over year numbers.
Lake Norman Median Luxury Home Price Down 37%
This month, we saw a 37% decrease in the median sale price of a luxury home in the Lake Norman area. The median home price in January 2015, when considering homes that sold for $750,000 or more, was $830,000 compared to $1,312,500 in January 2014.
Median home price helps us see the distribution of homes sold and does not really give us an indication of the increase or decrease in a particular home’s market value. Please contact us at 704-305-9148 for a no obligation home valuation.
14% More Luxury Homes on the Market in the Lake Norman Area
In January 2015, there were 303 luxury homes for sale in the Lake Norman area compared to 266 in January 2014, marking a 14% increase in year over year numbers.
Luxury Supply is Up 14%, No Change in Demand
This month we saw a 14% increase in luxury housing supply (number of properties for sale) and no change in luxury demand (number of sold properties).
Median For Sale Price Down 10% vs Median Sold Price Down 37%
In the Lake Norman area, we saw a 10% decrease in the median for sale price of a luxury home and a 37% decrease in the median sold price of a luxury home in year over year numbers.
Map of Lake Norman Luxury Homes Sold in January 2015
More Data on Lake Norman Luxury Home Sales January 2015
- The most expensive luxury home that sold in the Lake Norman area in January 2015 sold for $1,465,000
- 2 homes sold for $1 million or more
- None of the homes that sold were Foreclosures or Short Sales
- 6 of the homes sold were Waterfront
- 1 of the homes sold was in NorthView Harbour
- 1 of the homes sold was in The Point
- 1 of the homes sold was in The Peninsula
- 1 of the homes sold was in Astoria
- Lake Norman luxury homes sold in January 2015 ranged in size from 3,152 sq. ft. to 7,096 sq. ft. with an average size of 4,994 sq. ft.
- The average price per square foot for a luxury home that sold in the Lake Norman area in January 2015 was $202.89/sq. ft.
- Sellers received on average 94.38% of their list price
Based on data from the Carolina MLS.
All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
If you are looking to buy or sell luxury real estate in the Lake Norman area call Aaron at 704-305-9148 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.