Our Lake Norman Luxury Real Estate Market Report measures activity in the Lake Norman luxury home market (single-family homes priced $750,000 and above). This report covers the following cities: Catawba, Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, Huntersville, Mooresville, Sherrills Ford, Statesville, Terrell, and Troutman.
20 Luxury Homes Sold in the Lake Norman Area in April
Lake Norman Luxury Housing Inventory Down 22%
In April 2015, there was 10.0 months of inventory in the Lake Norman luxury real estate market compared to 12.8 months in April 2014.
Average Time to Sell Luxury Home in the Lake Norman Area is 107 Days
In April 2015, it took 107 days, on average, to sell a luxury home in the Lake Norman area.
Lake Norman Luxury Homes Under Contract Up 28%
In April 2015, 32 luxury homes went under contract in the Lake Norman area compared to 25 in April 2014, marking a 28% increase in year over year numbers.
Lake Norman Median Luxury Home Price Up 1%
This month, we saw a 1% increase in the median sold price of a luxury home in the Lake Norman area. The median home price in April 2015, when considering homes that sold for $750,000 or more, was 990,000 compared to $984,500 in April 2014.
Median home price helps us see the distribution of homes sold and does not really give us an indication of the increase or decrease in a particular home’s market value. Please contact us at 704-305-9148 for a no obligation home valuation.
1% More Luxury Homes on the Market in the Lake Norman Area
In April 2015, there were 370 luxury homes for sale in the Lake Norman area compared to 368 in April 2014, marking a 1% increase in year over year numbers.
Luxury Housing Supply is Up 1%
This month we saw a 1% increase in luxury housing supply (number of properties for sale) and no change in demand (number of sold properties).
Median For Sale Price Down 1% vs Median Sold Price Up 1%
In the Lake Norman area, we saw a 1% decrease in the median for sale price of a luxury home and a1% increase in the median sold price of a luxury home in year over year numbers.
Map of Lake Norman Luxury Homes Sold in April 2015
More Data on Lake Norman Luxury Home Sales April 2015
- The most expensive luxury home that sold in the Lake Norman area in April 2015 sold for $2,400,000
- 10 homes sold for $1 million or more
- None of the homes that sold were Foreclosures or Short Sales
- 12 of the homes sold were Waterfront
- 6 of the homes sold were in The Point
- 1 of the homes sold was in River Run
- 1 of the homes sold was in Sailview
- 1 of the homes sold was in The Harbour At The Pointe
- Lake Norman luxury homes sold in April 2015 ranged in size from 3,223 sq. ft. to 8,540 sq. ft. with an average size of 5,185 sq. ft.
- The average price per square foot for a luxury home that sold in the Lake Norman area in April 2015 was $219.95/sq. ft.
- Sellers received on average 96.87% of their list price
Based on data from the Carolina MLS. All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
If you are looking to buy or sell luxury real estate in the Lake Norman area call Aaron at 704-305-9148 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply